This exciting position will see you working at the cutting edge of technology. The Electrochemist role will support the Project Manager’s key objectives as follows:
- Researching and evaluating performance improvements in Superdielectrics’ energy storage cells to achieve the potential of the technology.
- Manage these resources on a day to day basis, setting objectives, scheduling work and ensuring successful outcomes.
- Lead the establishment and development of the company’s electrochemical testing capacity to support development and research programmes.
- Developing the current technology for usage in commercial applications and products.
- Ensuring the resources are adequate for delivery of the strategic objectives and plans above.
- Leading various research and development programmes – including, but not limited to being the electrochemical testing lead
- Contributing to and supporting the CRP HSE culture
- Owning and ensuring the safe, efficient use of various processes and equipment (inc. maintenance)
- Line management of direct reports
- Where appropriate, liaising with external contacts (e.g suppliers etc) directly or in a supportive capacity
- Line management experience preferred
- Strong process and project management experience and skills
- Degree essential, PhD preferred
- Experience with batteries, supercapacitors or other energy storage and conversion advantageous
- Electrode modification and characterisation experience is advantageous
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) experience is advantageous
- Teamwork experience and skills
- Ability to work well in a team – strong communicative skills
- Any interest in renewable energy or energy storage is beneficial as this will ultimately be where the application of the science will be used
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are not currently able to offer sponsorship for this vacancy.
What is on offer :
- Basic salary (negotiable according to ability and experience)
- Holidays 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Salary exchange pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- The Company intends to set up an ‘in service’ share option scheme subject to HMRC approval
- Group life assurance policy – 4 x salary
- Bike to work scheme
- Specsavers eyecare vouchers
- The chance to be part of something truly special