This exciting position will see you working at the cutting edge of technology. You will lead a team of scientists developing chemistry applications based around hydrophilic polymer technology along with supercapacitor-based energy storage products to take to market.
You will need to be able to demonstrate success in having led technology research and development teams within the energy storage, supercapacitor or battery sectors in an industrial environment. The current goal is to develop supercapacitor materials with energy density values equal to or exceeding those of lithium ion batteries and to ensure that any developments are properly protected by patents.
- A Degree level qualification. This should be in a relevant subject which may include Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or a very closely related subject – this is essential
- Post-Graduate Qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or a very closely related subject – this is very much preferred, and preference will be given to people who have attained Masters, PhD, Chartered Engineer / Scientist status
- Industry experience at CTO / Head of Technology / Chief Scientist / Senior Chemist level – this is essential. We cannot consider people who only have experience in an academic environment.
- Experience of technology / science driven research and development in an industrial environment including the development of technical products
- Previous experience in a R & D environment in an electrical energy storage, supercapacitor, battery or similar environment – this is essential
- Experience of patent processes for science is preferred
- Experience of developing partnerships within the energy storage, supercapacitor, battery or similar environment is beneficial
- Excellent presentation skills, able to introduce new technology solutions to potential customers, investors, partners and employees
- Able to apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis of data and results, and use this to draw & present conclusions to other scientists and non-technical people
- A natural leader and motivator
- Experience of identifying and implementing appropriate industry standards eg ISO 9001
- Have a high regard for health and safety and for appropriate housekeeping
- Not happy to accept the status quo, always wanting to push the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable or possible
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship for this vacancy.
What is on offer :
- Basic salary from £70,000-£100,000 (very negotiable according to ability and experience)
- Holidays 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Pension Plan
- Share option scheme
- The chance to be part of something truly special